By Col Wajid
When stressed, hold your breath as, it will help negate the effects of nervousness.
Perform a series of small breath holds following these instructions:
• Take a small, silent breath in and out through your nose.
• Hold your breath for 2 to 5 seconds.
• After each breath hold, breathe normally for around 10 seconds. Do not interfere with your breathing.
• Continue to do a small breath hold followed by normal breathing for around 10 seconds.
• Practice this exercise for at least 15 minutes.
To reduce and eventually eliminate breathing through the mouth at night, follow these guidelines:
• Avoid eating within the 2 hours before sleep, as the process of digestion increases breathing.
• Keep your bedroom cool and airy. A hot and stuffy room will only serve to increase breathing.
• Sleep on your front or left side; never on your back
• Ensure that your mouth is closed while you try to get to sleep (you can wear 1-inch Micropore tape across the lips). Pak Destiny